Friday, July 2, 2010

Split Second

Today I sat down for a minute outside & ate a Popsicle with the kids; the kind that drips everywhere and makes you feel sticky the rest of the day. HY caught every drip before it reached his hands. Mini-E chased a butterfly. Miss Jane dropped her binkie a few times but didn't care too much. And I closed my eyes & secretly wished that Farmboy would be home for dinner. Maybe late...but home. And I'd have been grateful to have fixed him anything. It must have been all that wind that made me think that life was blissful for that one split second.
Photobucket

3 comments:

onehm said...

Sounds like a good mama to me...
Love this shot.
Hope that things are going ok for you guys. Wish I were able to help you more. I sure didn't plan this pregnancy very well, did I? ;)
Hugs.

Elise said...

That post totally made me cry. My heart and thoughts are with you. My offer still stands...we'd love to have you out here. Anytime. I sure love you.

kam said...

ZB, funny thing, I actually had a dream last night that all the Jordan View folk were at a big welcome home party for your hubby. It was like a virtual ward reunion in my sleep. Kinda funky. I hope that whatever time he has left away from you guys goes very VERY quickly. No one can fully understand unless they have been there. Though I don't fully understand I DO appreciate the sacrifice so many people make to serve in the armed forces in whatever capacity. You are one of the strongest women I have ever met, I know that with God you are making it and I pray that you will continue to be sustained each day my friend! :)