Monday, June 30, 2008

HELP!

warning: potty talk in this post
Photobucket

This boy refuses to go poop in the potty! HELP me. If ever I needed advice, it's NOW. Please, give me something to go on. He's been peeing in the potty since October. But refuses the other. I'm going insane! IN-SANE.

I'm out of ideas.
Can you help me out?

9 comments:

onehm said...

I can't help you out.
I'm so so sorry.

I have NO IDEA what to do...
that is why, even though I"m pretty sure Gigantor is showing signs of being possibly ready to potty-train, I am not ready, so we're NOT.

GOOD LUCK, pioneer sista!!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i feel your pain...i did that for a YEAR with samantha. she cried and cried when she had to go #2 so she went in diapers.

wish i had an answer for ya..good luck.

Crazymamaof6 said...

bribe him. treats go a long way. i used to give out full sized candybars for going poop. our big treat is going with a fave aunt for icecream sundays the first time they poop on the potty. i say this and yet. HOPE WILL BE 4 THIS MONTH and DOESN'T GO ON THE POTTY! she wants to be a little girl. and i can't force her to grow up. she craps in her panties and we throw them away. if she loved the princesses like she should she wouldn't poop in them. let me know when you figure it out.
OH mega help with some of my kids, feed them lots of a fruit that gives them the runs, let the poop burn their bum, and explain that it doesn't burn if you just poop in the potty, it worked with one kid that loved fruit. and lets be real lance is the one telling him the logic of going on the potty.

Jamie said...

Sounds wierd but my sisters kid would not poop either until my sister explained where his poop is going. He apparently thought it was a part of hmi he was not willing to let go of unless it was safe. I know weird but once the proces was explained no more problems. But dang if it were only that easy. every kid is so different. Good Luck!!

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

I'm pretty sure I told you my way with Super Boy before, but just in case...the only thing that worked for him was every time he pooped in his pull up, we took away all the toys, computer and videos. Then for each time he went in the potty, we gave him 1 back. It took about a week, and it seemed harsh to most people, but that's what worked for us...good luck! Super boy was 3 1/2 before he was fully potty trained.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Well, my great-grandma alway told my mom that if there was a mess in the child's underwear, to flush their bum in the toilet. She said one flush and it would cure them of messing their pants. It might forever damage the child, but at least they'd be potty trained!
Seriously though, I have no idea. I am too nervous to board that train yet...thank goodness HD is only 18 months.
Good luck!

Paula said...

Oh ZB. This is a tough one! Jill is still struggling with Camie (who is 4 1/2). She frequently poops her panties. Camie has battled constipation since she was a baby and they think she "holds back" out of fear of pain. Anyway, I have no idea of a good solution. Have him help clean up. Reward success bigtime. Try not to negatively reinforce accidents. Hopefully he will grow out of it soon. Keep trying! Hopefully he will have it figured out before kindergarten!

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

See, jackson is the opposite, he LOVES to poo poo in the potty, he even loves to pee, but he also loves to pee in the kitchen more! But he will RUN like the wind to the bathroom to go #2!! silly boy!

erica said...

the advice of a mom who hasn't done this - bribes, toys, and nudedidity. but really, I'm sure your doing great and he's just being a kid. you'll get there!