
Went to the dr. on Tues this week. I'm measuring right on. And my dr was so pleased at the amount of weight I'd gained since our last visit. Every pregnancy is a struggle. I start underweight so my dr encourages me to gain at least 3-4lbs per month. So far, I've met that goal each month but not without great effort on my part. She said she could just hug me. And that every month should be Thanksgiving for me!
So for all those out there that don't believe I'm large enough to be having a baby in March---I promise, I am! I have a complex about looking too small. I know it sounds crazy and I'm sure that there are many people who would love to trade places with me. But my problem exists in feeling small. I know that people are paying me a compliment when they say, "you aren't even showing" or "there's no way that baby is coming in March"...but it doesn't feel like a compliment. It makes me feel like I'm some sort of a freak--abnormal if you will. So I tell them things like, "oh I'm just sucking in" or "I tuck my babies in really tight" (which is true). Never the less, I have a small person complex. And I don't have freakishly small babies. First one was 7lbs 12 oz and the second was 6lbs 5 oz (much easier to deliver). But again, not exactly teeny babies.
So if you are now currently wondering what to say to me so that you won't offend my little person complex...try something like. "You look great!"-- "You're getting bigger!"--
About a month ago a friend of mine from South America saw me and said, " You are looking like you've put on some weight." (she hadn't seen me in a few months). I said why thank you! In fact I have! I didn't even think twice if she was complimenting me. It was great! So, Please-don't call me a chubba lubba, but telling me that I look bigger feels like a compliment. I have to get bigger to get to my goal of having this child---right? And if you do tell me that I'm small, I'll try my best to remember that it's a compliment & socially unacceptable to tell a woman that she looks big.

Here we are showing off our bellies together. She believes there's a girl baby in her tummy. And she thinks that there's a sister in mamma's tummy too. We'll see:)
7 comments:
you look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see your belly in person! I have a small something for HY and Mini-E so I will drop it by soon:)
YOU'RE HUGE, Fatty!!! :)
Glad that you took such fun shots of you with your belly and your girl...
You look great! I love the photos! I think of you often and hope you are doing well! Good luck with the weight gain...looks like you're doing great!
I love that baby belly! Such fun pictures.
people tell me I look small too, and I don't have a tiny person deal, as I'm a tall girl, and it still bothers me. So I'll just say, those pictures are darling. your girl is beautiful and your tummy is getting a lovely shape of round!
You are (or at least your tummy is) looking fabulous! Great pictures of you and your little girl - she's probably right, you know :)
great shots Zoester! :) I'm gonna tell my wife to come look and compare with hers.
Post a Comment