Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Skipping ahead

I know that I've been absent for nearly a month. Please excuse me. We are still here. Still alive but..There have been a few changes in our lives the past month to say the least. So I haven't been sure how to address them or even had the time to blog about them. Things happen quickly and are ever so blog worthy, but you know how it goes. Where to I start with all the ups and downs?---So goes "real life" huh?

I guess the biggest thing that's happened over the past month is that Farmboy has joined the Army. Yes, you read that right. He will be leaving March 15, 2010 for basic training. After that he'll be doing his advanced training as a Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Specialist. Sounds pretty strange to me, but he's excited. After that is ---whatever and where ever for us.

I suppose it's safe to say that this is the only post I'll make this month. It will be one of Thanks.

I have written 14 pages of things that I am grateful for over the past month. I won't write them all, but I'm grateful that I took the time each night the moments where I saw God's hand in my life. I have so much to be grateful for.
Here goes:

*warm, soft bed
*kids that can play together nicely (most of the time)
*feeling peace instead of out of control
*felling healthy
*kids falling asleep in the car on the way home
*a yummy meal I didn't make
*a chocolate cupcake to eat all to myself
*a call from a friend
*Hugs and kisses from HY
*visiting and serving others
*chicken for .98/lb
*words from a prophet
*watching Mini-E ride a horse for the first time
*opportunity to learn and grow
*a wise and calm mother
*new jammies for HY from Nonna
*new recipe that worked right
*a friend sharing a movie
*pretty good kids during church
*full fridge
*a large bill paid off
*finding mini-e's blankie again and again
*chance to visit the temple
*a chance to be still and listen
*feeling the baby move around
*having enough light for photos
*seeing the baby on the ultrasound
*things falling into place
* Farmboy making and cleaning up dinner
*gaining a bit of weight
*Farmboy getting a good score on his test
*my ESL job
*time in the morning to stay in bed with my kids
*warm bath
*family willing to always help
*Farmboy getting the job he wanted
*Farmboy joining the Army
*feeling peace
*a semi clean kitchen
*HY telling me I'm his best friend
*getting rid of stuff I don't need
*RS board meeting done
*learning to croquet with a lot of help from a mother in law
*speaking Italian with someone
*time to read and pray
* a small gift from a friend
*accomplishing a large task
*lunch with Nonna and Aunt CC
*help with jam from Nonna
*enough gas in the car
*a caramel apple
*light snow

Yes, I believe that God IS in the details.

8 comments:

Bethie said...

wow!!!!
if you need anything PLEASE let me know.

I have been thinking of you TONS lately.

Farmboy- good luck

onehm said...

i miss your posts.
i love that i know your phone number, so i am not totally behind in your life these days.
i love this post. you have an amazing point of view. i feel thankful that i am your friend.

Scully said...

Oh my goodness! Such changes - I hope you guys have a great holiday!

Paula said...

You have a definite positive view. So much to be grateful for. We love you all. So much.

RPH said...

Oh my, what news! I loved all the things you are grateful for. You are so great. Happy Holidays.

Glen and Marneen said...

WOW! Some changes for you! And yes, I believe too, that God IS in the details. What a beautiful thankful list! Thank YOU!

erica said...

wow. I'm shocked. and just really happy you and your man have peace and are happy.
thanks for the list of things you are thankful for. it helps me remember to have perspective. I could use some these days.

Thallian said...

:) Good luck. I got to know lots of neat people in the Army, Navy Marines and so on while in Italy and I hope everything works out well. Pregero per voi anche -Ben