It. Was. Amazing.
We parked at the designated chapel and watch a short video on the temple and the history of the area. Then we headed out to the buses. (this was HY's favorite part). And soon, we saw that beautiful building...

I was a little nervous (to say the least) about how reverent the children would be as we walked through the temple. So I did what any good mother would do---I told him about how the good little boys and girls got cookies at the end!
Okay okay, and we talked about how the temple is a special place. It's the Lord's house. We speak softly and walk slowly. And then we mentioned the cookies.
To my surprise, the children did wonderfully! They were very patient while I soaked up the beauty of each room and each picture. There was a lovely feeling of peace. Just the way it should be. And we did receive a very yummy cookie in the beautifully decorated church cultural hall across the street.
6 comments:
OF course!!! The cookies! :) You are one smart mama!
Glad that it was a good experience for everyone!
That is a beautiful temple, in't it. I'm sorry we missed you!
It's amazing isn't it! We are in the Draper Temple district once it opens...are you? I've missed reading your blog...I've been AWOL for a bit. Glad to see you're having fun. I got the v-day email but I think we're taking the trailer out for a ride. If we change our minds, I'll let you know!
can't wait till i get to go! i'm going at the end of the month and i will have 6 non-members with me. eeek! i'm taking back up in case i can't answer all the questions.... glad you got to enjoy each of the rooms... from the pictures i've seen in the news, that temple is BEAUTIFUL.
That is awesome. We are going in March (I think the 12th) and are super excited. I actually get to take my laurels in March, too. Thanks for the cookie idea...I might have to try that.
What a special experience for your family! I'm glad the kids did so well, that is something I'd worry about too, especially with my firecracker of a daughter!
I love the pic of the two kids fishing, way cute.
p.s. have you seen my blog lately? You better check it out!
Post a Comment