Thursday, January 22, 2009

Confession of a Hand-me-down-aholic

I'm the youngest of 6 kids so hand-me-downs come with the territory. I've had them since I was born (literally). And I fully accept and embrace the fact that I am a hand-me-down-aholic.

It's true. I love hand-me-downs. And so far, I have no guilt. In fact, I rarely purchase anything for myself. Mostly because when I go shopping, I think everything is ugly or I think it's gorgeous but come on....I'm not paying that much for clothes!

I've been told that I have very good taste---IF---I had the funds to supply that taste. (I think it was a compliment). I suppose most of us would have very good taste if that were the case. Hard to say.

But today I was curious, so counted. I counted the number of clothes in my closet that are MINE--truly mine (ie I purchased them or purchased for me as a gift). I bet you are dying to know right?
Photobucket

16 items that are MINE. Dating back 8 years. Yes, I have a problem.

I haven't purchased a pair of jeans since 2001. And yet, I am blessed with a drawer full of jeans. Name brand jeans! (They don't fit perfectly, but what jeans do?)

So, I want to publicly thank all of you who have contributed to my addiction. I couldn't have done it without you! Seriously, thank you!

If you are to get rid of anything...I know a girl who might be interested.*smile*

4 comments:

Jamie said...

That is an accomplishment. I am impressed!!!!!!!!! I will not do the same. I am afraid if the guilt:)

Bethie said...

that is so funny:) I love that you have not had to buy a lot of clothes- hey if soemone is getting rid of soemthing and you can use it - all the better:)

The Turner Family said...

I love hand me downs too! They rock!

RPH said...

Funny! I love hand me downs too. I am afraid I can not pass anything on to you. You are much too tiny!