Thursday, May 8, 2008

What happens when you mix jelly beans & saliva?

This morning I was busy vacuuming all the rooms with HY. You know, trying to instill some kind of a work ethic into him. Mini-E was throwing a fit so I put her in her crib with some toys. A little, "here, you'll be safe from your brother in here...just play for a while." To my surprise, she settled right down & started playing. Sigh! Vacuum vacuum vacuum...peek in on Mini-E & her mood seems to have totally brightened! Horray for me. But something was perplexing. It was that too quiet kind of perplexing:
Photobucket
Upon closer investigation, I found this:
Photobucket

It seems that Mini-E was quiet simply because her mouth was full of Easter jelly beans! Not just the nice small ones. The big black licorice ones. So, I stopped vacuuming to clean up this mess which consisted of changing her clothes, sheets, blankets, & of course emptying her mouth of half a dozen half sucked jelly beans. I chucked them in the garbage, only to discover a few minutes later that HY was finishing off a few of them (my only hope is that one fell on its way to the garbage & he picked it up...instead of what I assume happened).

Check out another shot HERE.

7 comments:

onehm said...

LOL- LOL!!!

I'm sorry, but that is soooooo funny! And so sad all at the same time!!!

WOW.
Bummer. Luckily it's gonna wash out...right??

So glad that you took photos before you cleaned everything up.


(And as far as the "other" jelly beans go, I'm sure that HY won't die from eating out of the trash can....but I see how a mama would not love that he was doing it in the first place!)

SuperCoolMom said...

Ooh, look at those blue blue eyes! and she has such a cute dollbaby mouth and chubby baby hands! Sooo cute, even with a huge jelly bean drool stain. Heeheehee :)

Rachel Durazzani said...

Classic! I love it. And I'm SO impressed you grabbed pictures. She looks so innocent.
Did you cut bangs? They look adorable.
Oh, and you and onehm have inspired me to put BIGGER photos on my blog. Stay tuned.

Jamie said...

OHHH, the too quiet alarm goes off in another household!! The pics are fabulous. I am jelous of the talent and work you have put into these amazing photos you take!!

Micah and Jen said...

mmmmm.....glad she was enjoying them though! :)

kam said...

for a priceless memory and photo opp like that - it was worth the clean up right??? ;) She is a doll!

Paula said...

I think that I would have finished the vacuuming and then dealt with cleaning up the crib and Mini E. The question is, where did she get the jellybeans from? I love the picture of her through the crib slats. precious!