We celebrated Mini-E's 1st birthday yesterday with family, aunts, uncles, & cousins. The day before, I had spent a few hours making her a special heart-shaped chocolate with pink cream cheese frosting. It was all homemade. (Something that I never do...& now I know why). The cake was beautiful by MY standards. (the small bite out of the frosting was me trying to get her to taste it)
But when we gave it to her to "Chow Down" she simply did this:
That's right. My little angel is screaming on what should be the most enjoyable day of her life! Evidenly she didn't want the "special cake" that I had spent hours making. She wanted this cake:
The cake that Nonna bought at Costco for everyone else to eat. But really, who can blame her. This cake does look like the better deal. So we gave her a slice & she went to town.
I tried to put the pink cake in front of her a few more times, but ---She would just get hysterical with screams. So, do you think we've got a bit of a "princess" among us? I can't believe it's already started! Don't get used to it Mini-E! You only get what you want on your birthday!
Credits: Idea borrowed from Heather Meltzer {Pink Papers Tagie, AA-Wish chocolate paper, Accesories Kristal H} Text Path from Misty Canto Tutorial
The cake that Nonna bought at Costco for everyone else to eat. But really, who can blame her. This cake does look like the better deal. So we gave her a slice & she went to town.
Credits: Idea borrowed from Heather Meltzer {Pink Papers Tagie, AA-Wish chocolate paper, Accesories Kristal H} Text Path from Misty Canto Tutorial As for the presents. This girl is loaded with tons of toys & books & money & clothes. Thank you to all of our Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Grandmas, Grandpas, & Friends who brought/sent gifts to our sweet girl. She couldn't be more pleased.

11 comments:
you definatley have a girl on your hands:0) she looks so cute in her highchair with frosting all over her face. Happy Birthday to you (you made it a full year with two kids) and to mini-E!!!!!
I think your cake looked great!!!
Happy Birthday what a cutie!
looked like a super fab party!
ok so i admit i just perused and didn't read until after the comment. and holy cow that rots. she knows what she likes and knows how to get it! next year just plan on baking Chocolate. i think the heart cake looked delectable! and would love a slice. did i send you my address yet?
crapper! I'll get on that. to your junk email. right now sending it.Hugs! happy day! one year olds . it went downhill for me once pierce turned one. little stinkers. it's the last days. they are strong willed. OY! lucky us!
She is so adorable! And definitely knows what she wants! I think that cake looked yummy! Homemade cream cheese frosting is the BEST!!
Z- hey I dont blame that little girl.... HELLO, that is the COSTCO chocolate decadence cake. I beg for that every year on MY birthday! YUM-O! SOOO GOOD! and you can mute some of the sweetness by adding some rich vanila ice cream hahaha! HAPPY DAY EM!! YAY! Wow, i cant believe she is 1, I cant believe Porter is 9 months old. I was pregnant for 9 months, and the past 9 months have went by WAY faster, so unfair!
Jennie
Happy birthday to Mini E! You cake looked so cute!! Corbin did the his first birthday too, he kinda looked at us like we were nuts and wanted nothing to do with the cake. Looks like you guys had a fun time celebrating!
Happy Birtday to such a sweet little girl!!!!!!!!!!
OH!! You gotta love that "first" birthday. What a doll! What a bummer about the cake. I agree with "Crazymama", I would have LOVED a slice (probably doesn't make you feel better - but hey....)
My roomie the Bluegrass Queen (who has the same b-day) did the same thing--screamed at the cake I made, then ate the Costco one. ;)
Love the pigtails.
Parker
Oh so fun! The 1st birthday is by far my favorite....LOVE that cute page!
What a funny girl! I wonder what was the difference. She must just be a girl who knows the power of chocolate!
The page looks great...I love that tutorial from Misty Cato...such a great tip.
Post a Comment