Thursday, January 24, 2008

If this doesn't make your mouth water...

...then I don't know what will! Okay, CONFESSION time. This is my Number 1 Guilty Pleasure:

That's right baby. Lemons & Salt. I grew up in Arizona---we had lemon trees galore. I know it's horrible for my teeth & all that, but I just can't help myself. Sadly, I have turned many a friend, sister-in-law, & child (minus the salt) over to this guilty pleasure. Just looking at this makes my mouth water.





But that's not what I'm gonna talk about today. We've been very busy doing this today:
Queezing lemons for summer lemonaid. Doesn't that just sound divine? HY decided that he had to taste the results.... (If you are asking yourself why HY has a piggy tail in his hair, it's because he wants to be like Mini-E)





But even before we took on the task of queezing our home grown Arizona Lemons (thank you so much Grandpa S), we did a little rearranging of HY's bedroom. I don't have a surpluss of cash to decorate his room the way I want to, so I just move the furniture around that that holds me off for a few more months.





So now, HY is taking a nap & Mini-E is doing this so that I can get a bit of blog time. What more could I ask for? Thank goodness for toys that after having been put away for a month or two feel like new again on the re-entry.


Of course, some of you may be thinking, "well, that's just what she's done today---what's she been doing since Monday?"...and if you ARE thinking that...then you check the blog way too much & you need to get out more (no...just kidding--but that is a bit weird). I have been working on a few of these bows/flowers for Mini-E. What do you think?

And this tutorial helped me show them off.

Just waiting for CrazyMama to do a bow tutorial...hint hint.

Pay it Forward is still going on--visit Bethie's blog

5 comments:

onehm said...

I too was turned to the dark side by you.
It was a sad and wonderful day all wrapped into one.

Love HY's piggie. DH would have my hide if I did that to his boys.

And the little flowers for Mini-E's hair are adorable. You should start an Etsy shoppe. We could do it together if you'd like. We could think of a creative name (insert you here, I'm not the English major) and go from there?!

Let me know what you think...
LOVES!

BTW, I do check your blog too much, and I HAVE been wondering what you've been up to...but you already knew I was weird, so I guess that makes it okay, right??

RPH said...

too cute! I love that Hy wants a pig tail like mini-E! EEEWWWW to your lemons and salt! Just for the record, I do check in on you daily, I love seeing how creative you get with your scrapbooking and photoshopping. It is inspiring! Love the cute little flower bows....I am late in sending your Pay-it-forward. It is packaged up and will be off tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. And wow, this is a long comment. Have a good day!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

ok i remember being at your house and you eating lemons with salt...i was mortified. i can't believe you like that.

homemade lemonade on the other hand, yum, yum!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Oh I remember the lemons and salt from our days as roommates. And I love the flowers in Mini E's hair. I was going to ask you for instructions, but if you're going to start business maybe I'll have to wait. BUT, if you're willing, I'd love to see a close up. You know I'm ALWAYS looking for a new way to "accessorize " HD.
And I don't check your site daily, but Google Reader does, so I do notice if it's been awhile...but I try not to obsess/worry about it. :)

Micah and Jen said...

I miss the lemon trees too.....I miss them I miss them I miss them....I LIVED on REAL lemonade all year long and now I have to use the yucky powder stuff....not the same!