Today is a very special day. One of the most important days that I look forward to every 6 months. It's
General Conference Saturday! Hooray. Now, General Conference Sunday is just as important, but for some reason, I've always thought that the best talks were on the Saturday Sessions. So far, today's talks have been exceptional. All lessons that I needed. Elder Bednar's talk on the Pickle Parable is one that he gave about 10 years ago in our Stake Conference. I loved it then, and I loved it today. We feel so blessed to be able to listen to the words of a prophet in our own living room.
I remember when my mom used to make us get dressed up and head to the stake center. Oh--what a chore. Thank goodness, I have such a wonderful mother. I look forward to these sessions not as a chore, but as a great blessing in my life.
3 comments:
When Elder Bednar started speaking, I said "It's the Pickle Parable ZB & Farmboy always talked about!"
Glad that you are enjoying it sooo much. We are trying to enjoy it, and will be enjoying it more watching it after kiddos go to bed...then I might be able to see it with fewer interruptions.
We have a tradition of playing conference bingo with M&M's, Skittles, etc while watching Conference. My kids look forward to the sugar high and they get all their pillows and blankets in the living room to watch. In fact, they watched the afternoon session without me. Amazing.
Post a Comment