Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Two Words

Charley Horse!

Yes, they have begun. Poor Farmboy gets shocked awake in the middle of the night to help me flex my leg and then rub it until the pain eases. These are pretty common for me at the end of my pregnancies, so I'm not surprised, but in a LOT of pain.

Any advice???

Photobucket

I'm taking Calcium & Magnesium pills on a regular basis but so far, no relief. Bananas too (and I really dislike them). So what's my next form of defense?

Every night I go to bed I pop a couple of Calcium pills and then top it off with a few Tums for the heartburn, place a swooshy pillow under my belly and prepare for the inevitable.

5 comments:

RPH said...

I wish I had some kind of advice for you. Here I was feeling sorry for myself. Not anymore. So sorry!

onehm said...

:) I have NO IDEA.
But I know I got one in my foot last night and am NOT looking forward to more in the future.

What about some relaxation/massage before you go to bed? Maybe that would help?
(Even if it didn't, it couldn't hurt, right??)

erica said...

maybe some nighttime yoga to stretch everything out? I really don't know. I have the same problem. solution: have the baby in a month.

Audrey Cornelius said...

I upped my intake of yogurt with my last pregnancy and that stopped my charlie horses. Maybe try eating more yogurt? Good luck!

Unknown said...

Potassium helps...(I'm sure that's why you're trying bananas), and canteloupe and lots of other fruits and veggies have stores of K...also, cramps can also be caused by not drinking enough water. I had cramps when I was running in HS, and I ate a banana split everyday to increase the K in my diet.