Thursday, October 22, 2009

If Grandma Z were alive...

She'd be a blogger.

She was quite the journal writer in her day. Even wrote journals for her children. I guess I'm kind of taking after her--my name sake.
Photobucket
isn't she the cutest.

Today I kept busy scanning the hundred + photos my dad asked me to scan for him. Yes, it's a pain, but it's sure fun to see some old photos of brothers and sisters and of course, myself.

Check these out:

Photobucket
circa 1979 I'm the little one in the yellow dress. I almost think my mini-e might look a bit like me.

Photobucket
Circa 1981 we always had a station wagon. Always!

Photobucket
Me and the Queeze Christmas Time

Photobucket
Uncle R-D going on a mission

Photobucket
Uncle L the great...clearly you can see how great he is... Is that a wife beater?

Photobucket
Aunt CC by Grandad's car

Photobucket
Aunt Runnie...that's some hair.


I saved the best for last.
Photobucket
This would be the day we met my brother in law JDW for the first time. He's the one in the front with the hair 4 inches tall.

You gotta admit...these speak volumes.

5 comments:

onehm said...

THE HAIR! Oh...the hair.
WHAT were we thinking in the 70's and 80's??

I must say...your family is SO FUN. :)

Glen and Marneen said...

What great fun! Wow! Old pictures make me smile! Mostly because of the hair... :)

RPH said...

I love all those great pictures! They are classic, and what stories they tell. Thanks for sharing!!

PS - your grandma is ADORABLE!!

Suz said...

In the 1979 pic by Olan Mills... who is the ugly brother in the brown suit?! Wooo heee... I think he grew up to be a wife beater! Sheesh!...
These are HOTTTTT!!! I love em'! Good times, great laughs!

Aunt Runny said...

The one that made me laugh the most was Wes in the black and white checkered suit. Yes...go back and look. I'm sure he wore it to church too.