Thursday, April 9, 2009

FIVE

That's right. Five years! Clap for us! We made it this far.

Today is 1825th day since we wed. Pretty incredible if you ask me. Every year, Farmboy gets me a flower for each year we've been married. This year the flowers were incredibly beautiful. Love them! And a very sweet letter written in calligraphy on parchment paper (goat's skin).
Photobucket

You may ask, what did I do for my dear husband? I sent him(well, went with him) on a scavenger hunt to 5 different locations including where we first met and where he proposed. It was a fun day of travel and a walk down memory lane. I especially loved the first spot that we met. It's unique and so beautiful. I hadn't been back since that first day so it was almost a dream to think that it still exists. Right there...that's the exact spot that I first laid eyes on my husband.
Photobucket
a shot of us at the spot where we met

A little piece of heaven in the middle of the week.

You can read our story here.

7 comments:

onehm said...

AWESOME. This is the best story ever. LOVE that your hubby wrote you a love letter. ;)

Congrats guys! (insert clapping here)

Jamie said...

Congrats what a fun anniversary:)

Bethie said...

that was the cutest darn thing!!! Congrats on 5 years!!!!! ( one explanation point per year)

Paula said...

Congrats you two! Way to go on five years. Can't believe it has only been that long actually. I guess it's just because we are coming up on 16. Wow. I'm old. I have to remember you as a teenager watching our video to keep it in perspective. Anyways, congrats and keep on enjoying each other!

Elise said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you two had a great day together! Looks like you did!!!

RPH said...

Too cute! Happy Anniversary!

Candice said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember going to your reception. You looked beautiful! I loved seeing your siblings and talking with them, it had been a long time since I'd seen them!
Are you working? Where? I guess I didn't know that till I read your later post.
Go read my latest post, I need suggestions on storing my pictures on my computer, and since you are the photo queen i"m hoping you have some suggestions!