Saturday, December 6, 2008

Burned out

I don't know what's happened this year. I feel like the holidays have got my brain in a whirl & I haven't had 2 moments to just sit down and enjoy the things around me. I have no one to blame but myself--I know. I'm just trying to do way too much in a short time. Tell me you've been there before.

So tonight, Farmboy tried to calm my spirits by making dinner (something he's been doing a lot of lately) & taking all 4 of us to the movies. We splurged. We saw WALL*E. (Yes, we consider a dollar movie a splurge) . The kids thought is was pretty fancy to go with Mamma and Daddy to the movies and get popcorn (see, splurge). Sadly the movie did nothing to calm my brain.

But on the way home, Mini-E started chanting something that gave me those 2 moments to enjoy the things around me:

ra ra ra ra ra......ooooooooooooo Oogars!

It took me a mamma second to translate her chant. She was cheering for the Cougars.
Photobucket
Picture by Moda Photography
Bless that sweet child for giving me my 2 moments of peace today.

5 comments:

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

Oh Zoie it was a crazy day!! Seriously next time you are frazzled and need a break...uh YOU CAN RESCHEDULE!! Seriously I doubt my chaotic helped matters much!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i know exactly how you feel.

onehm said...

Did I comment on this already?? I can't remember!

YAY for Mini-E! She's a treasure, elf sized and all.

I totally understand the burned out part. YUCKY. I hope that things pick up for you. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Can you???
xoxoxoxo

Rachel Durazzani said...

Oh I have been so bad at the blogging thing lately.
LOVE!!! this photo of you and Mini E. You both look so great.
Sorry to hear you're burned out. I completely understand. It's been one of the craziest two months I've had in a long time.
Aren't kids the best? They know what it's all about...we should learn from them!

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

I completely understand the burned out thing. I just did all the christmas shopping early and had 2 weeks of burn out so I could actually relax around christmas! I'll be completely done today around 4pm! YAY! Go Cougars! Kids are amazing! they have such a knack for sensing when we need a moment like that...they also have a keen sense of when mom is at her whit's end and will just give in to whatever someone wants just to make it quiet again! Ahhh...Motherhood!