Thursday, June 12, 2008

Numbers

Well, today I did something that I haven't done in a LONG long time...I took my kids to the doctor for a check up!
A miracle.
And since I've been such a slacker (about posting) I figured that this was definitely worthy of journaling.
Photobucket
Mini-E
16 months
18.8 lbs =1%tile
29 inches = 11%tile
She's what the doctor called "petite." (big surprise)
She's a copy cat. Everything you say, she says (or at least tries to say)
She loves cars, books, & shoes. (interesting combo)
Her favorite phrases: "Dad--dy!" (at the top of her lungs), "I do Noooo", "tan-dooo"(thank you), "peese" (please), "mooor" (give me food now or I'll cry).


Photobucket

HY
2 weeks shy of 3 years (yikes, where did the time go?)
34 lbs =78 %tile
39 inches= 95 %tile (what?-not sure how that happened)
He's curious, mischievous, & imaginative.
Loves, cars, trains, planes, trucks (of all shapes and kinds).
His favorite phrases: "That's a big....huge...garbage truck!" "Where's my birthday? It's lost." "The truck is sad. It doesn't have a trainer (trailer)."--and my favorite: "Mini-E, shhhhh! shhhh! stop crying" (obviously he did something to make her cry).

So, there are the numbers for this visit.
One more important thing. Both kids didn't make a peep when they got their shots! Not a cry, not a whimper, not a noise! That alone is amazing, but if you know me at all, the fact that they got shots at all is a miracle in and of itself.

And my very wonderful husband came along. What a great dad!

The end.

8 comments:

onehm said...

YAY for your new topper!
YAY for the "numbers"...Great job growing, HY!
YAY for immunizations...Or not!

YAY for Dad's who help us out when we are doing things that are difficult for us!!
;) Glad that you posted.

RPH said...

i did not realize our kids are so close in age! i love that you did this, i am gonna have to copy after the next doctors visit. lucky you to have your hubby go along to the doctor, i am sure that made things way easier.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

caleb is almost as tall as cooper, what the??

i am so behind on my visits too, but get that on my priority list ;)

Bethie said...

Wow!!!!!time does fly, your kids are beautiful.

the picture of E is my favorite picture of her- she is such a doll

HY is pretty darn cute too:0)

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

Oh my goodness, ok for starters Mini E is TINY!~~ Porter weighs 28 pounds and he is 13 months old! Hy is taller than Jackson! WHAT! Almost as tall as Lily! Lily is 41 inches tall and she is 4! Wow, makes m think Porter is ginormous! I knew he was chunky, but sheeeeesh! 10 pounds more than Em!

Jamie said...

No crying for shots!! Wanna take my kids on their next go round. I have no choice my kids get shots wether I want them to or not. Gotta love the state mandated parentimg.

Scully said...

Okay, so my aunt's 2 month-old is 14.5 lbs and 24.5 inches long. which means he is nearly as large as Mini E. And he is only 10 weeks old. Yowza. In other news, I'm going to be in UT July 22-25th - are you guys going to be in town?

Candice said...

Your kids are so darling! I love the picture of "Mini-E" So precious! Petite, huh? reminds me is someone I once knew named Zo-Bo.
We are up in Pinetop right now, I was just telling my husband about the time you came up to my G-pa's cabin with me one summer. Remember that? It was like a non stop "play with Barbies " feast!