Tonight HY & I were going thru the regular "putting to bed" ritual--reading books, prayers, singing songs. When the lights go off & I'm tucking him in, he always asks for "more song." Tonight was no different. I sang one & he said, "more song---God?" (He's been asking for this one a lot, but I'm not sure which one he means). He starts to stroke my forehead(because this is what I do to him) & again requests, "God?"....DING! {the light in my head goes off}. "Oh, you want me to sing 'I am a Child of God'?" I start to sing it & stroke his forehead & this little man said, "thank you." It was a tender moment. A sweet ending to a long day.

8 comments:
That is ADORABLE!! And I love love love the picture too. Nice work!
How sweet! Your lucky you have a beautiful voice whenever I sing I get a different response from my kiddos. Carter will cover my mouth & say NO! So sad I know and my older ones will ask me to sing this one song cause I sing it all crazy!
So Sweet:) These are the moments that make it all worth it!
love those moments.
thanks for sharing such a special moment.
Ohhh, tender! I love those moments...it makes the "mommy job" all the more rewarding!
That is too cute. What a great Mom you are! Raising a good boy, too.
How cute! I can't sing that one to my son because I start to cry in the middle.
Post a Comment