. And Pete--what a character.I have to admit that I really love going & visiting these elderly people. I developed a great love for this when I was a young woman & it was part of my Young Women goals. I learned how important it is to visit the elderly. They need us as much as we need them.
I've continued to visit rest homes with my children because I want them to gain a great respect & appreciation for those who are more experienced. In a way, I like to think of them as my grandparents. Most of my grandparents passed away when I was young. Grandma Z was the only grandparent that I really remember. I think of her when we go & visit Serece. If I can't see my own grandma, at least I can visit someone elses. I hope that Grandma Z would be pleased with me. I miss her so.
Thank goodness, Farmboy's grandparents are both still around for us to enjoy. We sure love seeing them as often as we do. What a great blessing they are in our lives!
So how does this fit into "If you can dream it Friday"??? Well, I guess it's because I'm dreaming about my Grandparents...
9 comments:
You are amazing !!!I am impressed. What a good idea! I have been trying to get my young women to a assited living centert to visit w/the elderly.They are fighting it every step of the way . It makes me sad. I don't think they are scared it just does not sound fun to them.
i used to always feel really good about visiting senior homes too! and when i was prego with my first kid. i helped an elderly lady in my sisters ward. she wanted to go to garage sales and the farmers market. and i halped her do her husbands life history! very interesting hanging out with the older peeps!
you are awesome, what a great example you are!!
Stop making me look bad.
;)
I try to visit my husband's grandma often since she lives just across the street. And she loves seeing the baby so that's an extra incentive to go see her. We're lucky to have her there. She let us shower there when our water heater was broken. Nice.
I always freak out (aka have anxiety attack) when I go to senior homes. Somehow I was able to go to them when I was on the mission and not freak out. I tried going to visit once after the mission and freaked out.
What a wonderful thing to do, and what a great example you are setting for your kiddos!! Paige & I were just talking about how we need to visit our own Grandparents with our kiddos more.
and i though after ward !you are too good going to visit! it is so nerve wracking to take kids to places like that, I'm always irritated with my own for being too loud, or afraid they will break stuff!
Zoie--I totally remember you! I don't know if you remember me or not, but thanks so much for the Baby Wise tip--I'll definately check it out!! By the way-- your blog is adorable!
That is great ZB...how is Serece? I miss WVC for that reason really! It's good to feel loved...and Serece and friends know how to make you feel loved!!!
Post a Comment