Monday, July 23, 2007

Rocky Mountain high.....

Colorado! We have arrived. It took us over 12 hours to get here, but we made. We had breakfast in a retro cafe downtown Grand Junction. Here are a few pictures from Grand Junction. They have a great down town (especially for taking fun photos)

Our next stop was in Aspen. Where the beer flows like wine....(name that movie?) Wow, what a gorgeous place. We spent 2 hours there just enjoying the outdoor shops & rich atmosphere. We'd LOVE to back & actually stay for a few days. Poor Miss Parker had to endure the 12 hour trip with the two yahoos, so she deserved a fun afternoon! Love this picture of us.


We drove thru the most beautiful mountains ever. Independence Pass! I highly recommend it if you aren't in a hurry. At one point the road was so narrow that only one car could pass. Notice there's no middle line. Here's the view from HY's window.


All in all--it was a great trip. HY & Mini-E did a great job traveling. Of course, having the DVD player was a life saver at times.


Right now, we are staying at Graffiti's house. So dang fun! Love this girl & her cool family. (Lots of picture of them to come). Here's something that you can check out....her new blog. Horray!

8 comments:

Webb Family said...

It looks so beautiful there & much cooler (well cooler then AZ) Have fun!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

looks like a great time! loved her new blog, maybe i should go back and comment!

Crazymamaof6 said...

bummer i tried to leave a comment but it is restricted. tell your frined her blog is so cute and that you are a "great low maintenance friend"

Jamie said...

What fun!!! I think I said this before but I am so jelous. Great friends and great things to see. Absolutely nothing better.

Treat Queen said...

You know, I've wanted to see one of those mailboxes so I could take a picture, but I don't think there is one in Utah. I've been vastly disappointed.
Are you going with Parker all the way down to FL? I didn't know she would be with you for part of the trip.
Hope you keep having fun!

Anonymous said...

Dumb and Dumber; do i get a prize? I guess I have an unfair advantage since I used to watch it every week after class. Samsonite, I was way off!!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Looks like a great trip. We LOVE Colorado. Make sure to tell Graffiti hello from the Duraz fam. Glad she's got a blog now, too!

Anonymous said...

"That John Denver's full of crap"