On my way home from Italy (mission), I met a man who inspired me. As we talked, he suggested that I make a list of all the things that I wanted to do in my life--no matter how simple or ridiculous. I never forgot that conversation, and that's exactly what I did. I made my list:1. See Jerusalem
2. Visit Ireland
3. Visit Australia--Dec. 2001
4. See Napoli and Pompe--July 2000
5. Get married in the Temple--April 9, 2004
6. Make a CD with R-D
7. Learn to Snowboard--Jan 15, 2001
8. Learn to play the guitar/piano
9. Work in China/ Taiwan--Aug 30, 2001
10. Learn to fly a plane
11. Make a hopechest--Dec. 2000
12. Grow Tulips--Spring 2005
13. Live near Aunt CC--Dec 2006
14. Ride a Camel
15. Throw baby shower for Tina Sparkle--Jan 2006
What turned into a few things is now 4 pages long (well over 100 things). As I complete them I make a check mark and put the date. I'll never forget that man on that plane. I'll never forget how I felt like I could do ANYTHING in life.
This Friday, I'm dreaming of #8. A few days ago, I started (again) taking piano lessons from Nonna. So far, I've practiced everyday! Not bad for a mamma of 2. Thanks for Nonna for never giving up on me.
5 comments:
Always love your positivity!! That is a great idea, but it would mean I'd have to actually sit down and finish a list of the things I want to do. And considering half the things I want to do mean I have to change my lifestyle (professional ballroom dancer/Broadway performer/movie star), I'm not sure I'm willing to do that. But really cool that you've accomplished so many!!
And from what I hear "Impossible! Things are happening everyday!"
what a wonderful idea! it makes me start to think of the things i would love to do. i would love to hear about some of the things you have already done on your list!
You are so awesome. I don't know that I would have that many dreams, but I am going to start a list too. Good job on the piano...and I am honored that I made your list.
Luv ya!
I served my mission in Ireland and I am glad it made yor list. I can not wait to go again.
I remember that list. In fact, it inspired me to do one while we were in Taiwan. I need to go find that!
Post a Comment